Thursday, June 24, 2010

adventures of a splendid nature

Splendour in the Grass is a mere 5 weeks away and I am drooling over all things festival related. I'm researching the perfect outfits for the three night extravaganza set to be held for the first time at Woodfordia on Queensland's Sunny Coast this year - tres exciting!

So, here is my dilemma: the festival is in the middle of Winter, Woodford will be freezing, I will be camping and there is no electricity or warm running water. How does one dress for this environment? I could slum it and wear tracksuit pants with a hoodie but that just wouldn't be in the spirit of the festival. So I have researched and internet shopped my little heart out and devised several outfits that are both warm and chic!

Day 1: I need to find a top that goes with these leggings from American Apparel, these will be what I wear on day 1. I'm thinking to match the pattern with some crazy thrift store find or a nice and over priced designer T. Thoughts?

RSAPX301_02.jpg

Day 2: Day Dress + Biker Boots + Boyfriend Blazer - I'm yet to find the perfect dress but I'm going to buy these boots:

Day 3: Three quarter length cream knife pleat skirt from Miss Mouse boutique (pray for me that this hasn't been sold yet!) + floral singlet + Monochrome Converse Sneakers - it still remains to be seen how I will keep warm in this...

The line-up this year includes THE STROKES (I would die to meet Julian Casablancas and love-love-love his new album), 90s punk band THE PIXIES, blonde beauty GOLDFRAPP and red headed indie siren FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE, to name a few. One thing for certain is that I will be laughing, crying, screaming, flashing and yahooing the weekend away, do look out for my follow up with pictures from the weekend.

The Pixies

Julian Casablancas

Goldfrapp

Florence Welch (Florence and the Machine)

image of leggings sourced from http://www.americanapparel.com/rsapx301.html?cid=905
and boots sourced from http://fallowbrisbane.blogspot.com/

2 comments: