Tuesday, June 2, 2009

george needs clothes

Today was cold and wet, a combination above all others that I loathe. I could hear (and sadly feel) the squelch of the rain penetrating my shabby old black flats. These poor unfortunate shoes, I have put them through hell and back. It seems my wardrobe is a bit like this these days, my shoes are falling apart, my once respectable Claude Maus trousers are pilling at the crutch and I only bought these last year!

Here's a little lesson I've learnt: when travelling, do NOT bring expensive items of clothing. Before I left for Europe these pants were jet black, button still in tact and a far cry from anything close to pilling. Now they've faded into oblivion, seems are coming undone and I most certainly can not bend over too far for fear of them splitting.

Here's another little lesson I've learnt: Claude Maus has produced a disappointing product. Don't get me wrong, I love their A/W09 collection but Claude buddy, you had these pants wrong. They looked fabulous for the first few months I wore them, I had compliments left right and centre but a mere nine months later and my own mother thought I had purchased them at K-Mart. I've sadly laid these pants to rest, however the day was not ruined by my parting with these trousers. To help ease the pain Sue (my mother - I go on a first name basis) fixed me up with new dark blue jeans and a cropped blazer.

Thank you Mumma!

This is from the CM AW/09 collection, probably my most favoured look. They have a huge store in Melbourne and are stocked in boutique stores around Aus.

3 comments:

  1. gee that's depressing. i don't own any CM but even my Dotti shorts have lasted longer than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks for the follow dear sister. so cropped blazer and skinny's from CR eh and no more CM hmm shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it is a shame, given the amount i paid for them. those shop assistants always manage to get the better of me.

    ReplyDelete