Sunday, May 31, 2009

absolutely splendid


Splendour in the Grass
is only... 55 days and two hours away. It had to be done, this topic absolutely had to be addressed. Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say not too many people are impressed with this years line up.

Please, get over it.

I'm so sick of punters winging over the fact that this is the third time they've seen Bloc Party or that they couldn't give a shit about Jane's Addiction. In the famous words of Noel Gallagher - stop crying you're heart out. I've never seen a year so full of ungrateful haters. If the line up was so bad then why on earth purchase the $249.95 ticket? Is it so important to attend every festival possible, all for the sake of a few photo uploads on facebook? For those true admirers of the line up, I commend you. Buying tickets was stressful enough, we don't need a bunch of tacky posers there to spoil the weekend.

On a lighter note, it will be the first time I've seen Bloc Party live. I hear they're amazing and I was so excited when I finally had my claws on a ticket that a single glistening tear of joy rolled down my cheek. It's true, I have witnesses.






2 comments:

  1. George, get excited. Bloc Party I've seen twice in two years and can't fault them live, they go mental and the crowd goes mental, and they sound better live than on album. That is a cool way to sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am frothing at the mouth at the thought. so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete