Tuesday, May 18, 2010

bearly appropriate

Seems like there are quite a few little boutique photogs popping up all around town. First we had Peny Lane who I'll go out there and say was the first Brisbane nightlife/street/fashion photography which was followed closely by Romance in my Pants, then everyone followed the trend and it looks like it doesn't really take much to get noticed in this small town. My very own sister, Tessa Colcough (Mouse) and her friend Ian Knight (Bear) recently started a nightlife/street/gigs photography venture entitled Bear + Mouse and I must say I'm rather impressed at the progress. I'll also be throwing around some branding strategies with the team so expect great things! Another lovely photographer blossoming into exposure (like my pun?) is Calum Spencer who if my quick Facebook stalk is correct is working alongside Romance in my Pants. I love what he's doing with colour and his images are so refreshing in a sea of try hard nightlife photography.




Bear + Mouse at Julian Casablancas - drooooool

The Cairos


images courtesy of Bear + Mouse and Calum Spencer

13 comments:

  1. Fab photos! The second one is tres adorable. :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos! I love the way you described yourself in your profile. Sounds like me. Love your blog!
    http://www.justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog !

    im following you, you2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog !!! I love your taste !

    I'm a fashion photographer.
    visit to see my archive, you will love them!!

    http://streetfsn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i doubt i'll ever get over night life photography ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miann - Fashion FalsehoodMay 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM

    Is Calum snapping for romance now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dunnowwww i saw it ages ago thought i'd throw it in, he said to see more pictures look at romanceinmypants.com so i assumed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic photos!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. night life photography, swoon. so much fun and energy.

    hot marmalade pudding

    ReplyDelete
  10. cheers george thanks so much!

    and p.s ur sister tessa is a doll :) i ran into her a few weeks back and her and Ian have totally got their shit together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i absolutely love this amaizng photography!
    x
    mel

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete