Monday, June 8, 2009

the last presets show for a very long time


Lazers beaming, punters screaming, the Presets sure know how to rock a crowd. Last night I was lucky enough to bare witness to the final performance of these guys for a while as they go back to the studios to record their next album. Opening with 'Talk Like That' was a definite crowd pleaser, I was immediately shoved four meters forward as the rush of fans hurled themselves into a raging mosh. It was getting ugly.

Two songs in and one girl came crying out of the crowd trying to get out after no doubt being squashed and having several ribs broken. I was amazed to see the amount of slammin hotties that were there, no boys but the girls looked amazing. The chick in front of me was wearing a fur vest and little ksubi shorts (curse her sculpted arse) and I nearly asked to take her picture she looked that effing cute.

Aside from the immaculate standard of female specimen, the show was insane. Van She played first followed by Architecture in Helsinki who pumped up the crowd with 'Hold Music' though after a few of their slower songs I found myself less boppy and dare I say it, a little bored. Finally the Presets graced the stage and all hell broke loose, finishing famously on 'I go hard, I go home' the night came to a brilliant end. Sadly I had no camera, only a measly little phone to capture the moment.

3 comments:

  1. the same massacre happened in the SF show i saw last october, ridiculous crowd surfing and moshing and pain. i guess thats just what the presets do to people

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive seen the presets a bazillion times and every time its been flippin memorable!
    Argh they are so goood
    Much love
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're playing in in like late dec / early jan at a festival but i can't quite remember the name of it.....

    ReplyDelete